Israelis, stop whining | Ynetnews

Recent wave of social protest mostly an indication that Israelis have become spoiled

by Alexander Goldenstein

For quite a while I wanted to write about why my friends and I do not go to the demonstrations. After reading in the financial newspaper "Calcalist" about an artistic couple who live in Tel-Aviv and don't want to move even to neayby Bat Yam or Holon, I decided to explain why young people aged 30-something like me, who've experienced firsthand the difficulties of living here, did not join the protest.
 
I am a journalist, deputy editor of a very influential website in Russian. Like the vast majority of journalists, I don't have a technical education; therefore, I can only dream about the wages and benefits of engineers and programmers. Financially, my situation is average. Nothing more, unfortunately. Read more »